- Football Greats
- Golf Classics
- Rugby Greats
- Cricket Greats
- Other Sports A to L
- Other Sports M to Z
- Schools & College
- Achievement & Victory
- Hobbies & Pastimes
- Multisport Trophies
- Shields & Plaques
- Pewter & Steel
- Other Medals
- Keyrings & Gifts
- Express Plates
A Brief History
Trendsetting Awards was established in 1977 by John Cowan. John retired through injury after playing professional football for Newcastle United and Northern Ireland and needed to find a new career path to earn a living.
John Cowan middle row third from left.
Part of Joe Harvey's Newcastle United Squad many of whom went on to lift the European Fairs Cup in 1969.
John's entrepreneurial instincts found him traveling the length and breadth of the UK selling trophy and award components to independent retailers. Over the next thirty years John firmly established Trendsetting Awards as a leading supplier of Sports and Corporate Awards in the UK and Europe and in 2008 sold the business to his son John-Paul Cowan.
"I am extremely proud of what has been achieved over the years here at Trend. We have a solid
team of good people who all buy into the Trend values, principles and direction and understand
the importance of our customers' needs. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction knowing the
business will remain in the family with my son John-Paul and will continue to prosper.
John Cowan (Chairman) - on management buyout June 2008
Over a period of twelve months after the 2008 Management buyout John-Paul Cowan and the Management team restructured the business. A number of new senior managers and designers were brought in to complement the existing core team. The company's values, goals and strategy were redeveloped and the business refocused on commitments to improve quality and service whilst taking control of the design process to become one of the most innovative sports and corporate award wholesalers in Europe.
"Our main core value which was laid down many years ago by my father was simply that our customers had to be our number one priority. On taking over the business in 2008 this core value again became the cornerstone to all our values and principles and this has served us well during the past five years. In that time our service as improved, our stocks have improved, our catalogues have improved. We now offer the most innovative quality products on the market with the service and stocks to back it up. This in essence is our commitment to our customers."
John-Paul Cowan (Managing Director) June 2013
1. Our customers are our number one priority.
2. We continually strive for improvement in service and quality.
3. We lead through innovation.
4. We will always act with honesty and integrity.
Our core values are very important to us with each and every individual in the business working daily to make sure that we meet our commitments. Everything we do is about fulfilling our customers' needs, all day, every day.
We have a 40,000 square foot of office and warehousing with a further 30,000 foot onsite expansion planned for development in 2017.
Sales, Customer Care, Design and Accounts & Finance all work happily together here... The hub of activity.
In 2012 and 2013 we doubled the capacity in the pick and pack department to cope with demand. In the height of season this is where it all happens.
Currently two thirds of stock is housed on site with an extra storage less than 2 miles away. We will have 100% stock on site after the 2016 new warehouse development.
Early 2012 we refurbished this department increasing the space and machines ready for the increased demand of the season.
Customer service charter
- We want you to experience an excellent standard of service each and every time you use Trendsetting Awards.
- We aim to provide the highest quality services and information for all of our customers.
- We will strive to ensure all of our customers are completely satisfied.
- We will achieve these aims through knowledgeable and helpful staff utilizing efficient, cost-effective systems and processes.
- When we receive complaints, we will ensure that every complaint will be dealt with promptly on the same day, openly and fairly through our customer care department.
- We will carry out regular reviews of all complaints; allowing us to address problems quickly and in line with our continuous improvement philosophy.
- We will always welcome and consider any new ways to improve our service and encourage any commitments you want to make to help us achieve our goals.
- Our employees are trained in our service standards and how to achieve them.
- They will exhibit customer friendly skills and be knowledgeable, professional and courteous in meeting the needs of our customers at all times.